PrintSend to friend
Proceedings of Content Development Workshop at ZARS, Mandya:
The Content Development Workshop was organized at ZARS, Mandya on 9th March 2010. The Inaugural session started at 10.30 AM under the chairmanship of Dr. Lingaiah, Dean. The Chief Guests were Dr.V.Veerabhadraiah, National Consultant for RKMP and Dr. K.T. Pandurangegowda, Associate Director of Research. ZARS the work shop was attended by around 40 participants.
- Dr.D.K. Siddegowda, rice entomologist has welcomed the gathering.
- Dr. Shaik N.Meera has given an over view of RKMP, what are the achievements have achieved till now and what are the works which should be under taken in near future etc..
- Dr.M.P. Rajanna, CoPI of RKMP has presented the progress and current status of RKMP in ZARS,Mandya. And he has also given the content development workshop objectives as to develop structure and content of RKMP comprising RIS, EIS, FIS, SIS, GnIS and e-learning platform related to rice.
- And then some valuable remarks are given by Dr.V.Veerabhadraiah, and Dr.K.T.Pandurangegowda.
- Presidential remarks were given by Dr.H.B Lingaiah Dean (Agri.) and campus head
Technical Session-I was started at 1.15 PM:
- Dr. M. Syed Anwarulla has initiated the discussion on list of contents, sources and its developmental strategies in rice agronomy and related field followed by all the scientists and experts’ discussions.
During discussions it was decided that some level of customization of the EIS/IA will be helpful keeping in view the local contexts:
- Agronomical accepts of IA for EIS related to Karnataka State has been focused.
- It is suggestions were made on land preparation in different mechanical transplanting, methods for planting, transplanting, video clippings on land preparation.
- It was decided to add heads on Water management in problematic soils, low lying areas, drainage systems had has to be added.
- Photographs showing morphological characters of different varieties should be covered in different varieties had been suggested.
- Mr. Suresh kumar, media partners from DD told about the Content requirements of rice portal – Mass media perspective.
- Mr.Mahendra from M/s Clinnovo research labs Pvt Ltd., (who are assigned the job of benchmark survey), had distributed five sets of questionnaires and interacted with the stakeholders.
Technical session-II was started at 3.10 PM:
- In the second part of technical session prof. Gubbaiah had discussed about list of contents, sources and its developmental strategies in rice entomology and related field.
In this discussion, the following actions and observations are given below in brief:
- More suggestions have been given by Prof.Gubbaiah
- It is decided that Economic and cost benefit ratio has to be added to all major practices.
- State specific pest for Karnataka had been identified, arrange in order based on the intensity of pest.
- Some prominent pest like White Leaf Hopper, White Plant Hopper prevailing in Karnataka was added.
- Crab problems in rice fields were suggested to added plant production.
- P.R. Krishna Prasad had given many suggestions on list of contents, sources and its developmental strategies in rice pathology and related field
The following important points are considered during the discussion:
- Diseases which are prominent in Karnataka were identified and arranged according to the disease intensity.
- Suggestion is made to support the content with relevant Photographs related to disease diagnostic of fine quality.
- Later on Mr. Ravindranath, Assistant director of agriculture, JDA of Mandya initiated discussion on content requirements of rice portal (State agril.Dept perspective)
- Then Mr. Nagaraju, KSSC officer told about Content requirements of Rice Portal (State Seed Corporation perspective)
- At the end of the day Dr.V.Veerabhadraiah had spoken about the overall Content development workshop and he thanked all of them those who participated actively in workshop.
- Some suggestions for next workshop had given by Prof.Gubbaiah
- At the end of the workshop various source of content, different content head have been finalized.
- The workshop ended with the vote of thanks proposed by Dr.M.P.Rajanna.