Scheme name: “Development of Rice through Women Groups ”
State Food Security Programme - Continuing scheme
Budget Alloted: 2800.00 lakhs (Rupees Two Thousand and Eight hundred Lakhs Only
The main objectives of the programme are :
1. Enhancement of rice production by organizing women groups.
2. Upliftment of women by providing a means of income to women.
3. Effective utilization of waste lands.
4. Food security to BPL families
5. Providing additional income to the women folk.
Components: The following components will be implemented during 2011-12.