PrintSend to friend
1. It is a selection from a cross between IET 9711 and IET 11161 and has been bred at RARS, AAU, Titabar. It is semi dwarf (107 cm) variety with medium tillering ability (9-11).
2. It has medium bold grains with 24g/1000grain weight. Its kernel is white, translucent and does not have abdominal white trace.
3. It is non-scented and non glutinous variety. It is suitable for areas where sali rice is followed by rabi crops i.e. in the riverine tracts of Upper Brahmaputra Valley, Central Brahmaputra Valley, North Barak Plain and Lower Brahmaputra Valley Zone of Assam.
4. It is photoperiod insensitive takes 130 days to mature and yields 4 t/ha. It is moderately resistant to stem borer and leaf folder, resistant to gall midge biotype 1&2 and BPH.
5. It is moderately resistant to blast, resistant to BLB and susceptible to sheath blight. It is susceptible to submergence and prolonged drought.