PrintSend to friend
Cultural control of Gall midge
1. Ploughing under the ratoon of previous crops can reduce infestation.
2. Control of grassy weeds and wild rice (alternate hosts) from surrounding areas can reduce Gall midge incidence.
3. Avoiding staggered planting (complete planting in an area within 3 weeks) to reduce infestation.
Chemical control of Gall midge
1. Preventive application is necessary in endemic areas for this pest and reduces pesticide load later.
2. Apply Carbofuran 3G @ 33 kg ha-1 (or) Phorate 10 G @ 12.5 kg ha-1 or Fipronil 0.3 G @ 33 kg ha –1 5 – 7 days before pulling the seedlings for transplanting.
INSECT PEST MANAGEMENT IN RICE IN INDIA . PASALU et.al., DIRECTORATE OF RICE RESEARCH RAJENDRANAGAR, HYDERABAD-30, A.P., INDIA