PrintSend to friend
1. Assembling and distribution system of marketing are closely related.
2. The producer makes the movement of paddy from the farm to the assembling centers, while a number of market functionaries can be involved in the distribution dealing with its subsequent movement to the final consumer.
3. In the Survey of Marketable Surplus and Post-Harvest Losses of Paddy (2002), it has been estimated that the producer retained 44.54 percent of production for their farm-family requirement.
4. The marketable surplus was estimated to be about 55.46 percent of the total production.
5. The total marketable surplus of paddy/rice is distributed through different ways i.e. wholesale distribution, retail distribution, direct marketing to miller, contract farming etc.