PrintSend to friend
- Extension schools are designed to give participants knowledge and skill in some specific field of work
- Extension schools normally involve intensive training over a short period of time (generally it is conducted in 1 to 4 days)
- Extension schools can be located in any suitable rural training facility
- Extension schools normally involve pre-enrolment procedures and an obligation to attend all the sessions
- They offer an opportunity for the presentation of much information and practice to a selected group of people with a special interest in the topic
- Demonstrations, discussions and the use of visual aids, add much to their effectiveness
- Periodic and terminal evaluations help to keep the programme realistic and provide guidance in conducting future courses.