PrintSend to friend
1. Common name - Green leafhopper .
2. Scientific name - Nephotettix virescens .
3. Vernacular name - Pachai thathu poochi ( பச்சை தத்துப்பூச்சி ).
Symptom of damage of Green leafhopper:
1.Yellowing of leaves from tip to downwards.
2. Vector for the diseases viz., Rice tungro virus, rice yellow & transitory yellowing.
3. Adults insects are green with black spot and black patch on wings.
Management of Green leafhopper:
• Use resistant varieties like IR 50, CR 1009, Co 46.
• Apply neem cake @ 12.5 kg/20 cent nursery as basal dose.
• The vegetation on the bunds should also be sprayed with the insecticides.
• set up light traps.