PrintSend to friend
1. Cleaned paddy on an average yields 72 percent rice, 22 percent husk and 6 percent bran.
2. The traditional hand pounding or foot pounding (Dhenki) has now become noncompetitive. The rice hullers, shellers and modern rice mills have gained popularity.
3. Hullers seldom give about 65 percent total yields with 20-30 percent broken besides, it does not give completely cleaned rice.
4. The most modern rice mills (single Pass) are available in 2-4 tons per hour capacity. The mini modern rice mills are available with capacity of 150-550 kg per hour and yields higher recovery.
5. The modern rice mills give yield recovery of 70 percent with a grain breakage of 10 percent only.