PrintSend to friend
• Plow the fields during summer to control emerging weeds
• Leveling the fields well facilitates uniform irrigation and better germination
• Optimum depth of seed:2-3 cm. The seed should be covered by soil for proper
germination and to avoid bird damage.
• In lowlands and finer textured soils, planking may not be necessary after seeding.
• Soil moisture content at seeding should be sufficient for proper germination
• Surface mulch: helps retain soil moisture longer to improve emergence and reduce
Dr Rajeew Kumar, G.B.Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar-Uttrakhand