PrintSend to friend
Local name :
Nature and symptoms for damage of leaf folder:
1. Larvae infest the young leaves.
2. They feed on leaf tissue and as they become older, fold the leaf to form a tube.
3. During severe infestation, leaf margins dry completely.
Control of Leaf Folder
1. Spray cartap 50 WP @ 600 g ha-1 or monocrotophos 36 WSC @ 850 ml ha-1or chlorpyriphos 20 EC @ 1500 ml ha-1or quinalphos 25 EC @ 2000 ml ha-1. Spraying should be done only when there are 3 freshly damaged leaves per hill.
2. Severe infestation particularly to flag leaf affects grain filling resulting in yield loss.