PrintSend to friend
- The lecture method is one of the most commonly used extension methods where the speaker is active and the audiences are passive.
- Even though the effectiveness of the lecture method is often questioned because the passive role of the audience, it is one of the oldest and most basic training method.
- Broadly, a lecture has three components, viz. introduction, presentation of body of the lecture, and conclusion.
Contents of Lecture
- Skill based content cannot be presented effectively through lecture method.
- The content, which can be clearly and easily explained in spoken words without depending on aids, should usually be selected for presentation through lecture as the spoken words play a dominant role in this method.
- The content to be presented through lecture should be simple ideas and information for description or it could be very complex philosophical thoughts, which should be made simple to the extent possible for effective presentation.