PrintSend to friend
Advantages of using Lecture Method
- One need not heavily depend upon audio-visual aids and other gadgets for presentation. We may not even use any audiovisual aids and gadgets for a lecture.
- Most economical one from cost point of view assuming that the trainer is competent in lecturing on the particular content.
- Knowledge-level content can very conveniently be passed on to the participants.
Disadvantages of Lecture Method
- Someone poor in these aspects is likely to give a very poor performance in lecturing.
- Practically some trainers take advantage of the method because of its medium (the spokenwords) and speak anything and get away with it. Thus, they misuse the method.
- Some trainers make use of the age old, outdated lecture notes, which they might have prepared several years back.
- They present outdated information through lecture method and waste the time allotted.
- Effective oral presentation depends heavily upon the strength of vocabulary and knowledge of grammar rules including structures of sentences.