PrintSend to friend
1. Good land preparation, levelling and water management are needed for uniform crop establishment.
2. Weeds are very serious in dry seeding and serious in wet seeding.
3. Snails (in wet seeded fields), and rats and birds can severely reduce plant stands.
4. Heavy rainfall at the time of crop establishment can result in crop establishment failure (especially in heavier clay soils), and if water sits over seed still germinating below the soil.
5. Longer occupation of main field by 5-15 days, compared to transplanted rice.
6. High water and nutrient use in dry seeding (due to high percolation especially on light soils).