PrintSend to friend
1. It is a selection from cross between Heera and Annada at Regional Agricultural Research Station, AAU, Titabar.
2. It is semi dwarf (91 cm) variety with low tillering (6-7 EBT/plant). Its grains are medium bold (24.8g/1000grain) with white non glutinous kernel and translucent endosperm.
3. It is recommended for flood-affected areas as pre-flood and post flood crop, and it can be grown in both ahu and Sali seasons.
4. It matures in 90-95 days in sali and 100 days in ahu and yields 3-3.5 t/ha.
5. It is resistant to bacterial leaf blight and leaf blast and susceptible to sheath blight. It has been released by CVRC in 1992.