PrintSend to friend
1. A manual paddy transplanter designed was found suitable for transplanting wetland paddy.
2. The transplanter requires well puddled soil with the help of power tiller or animal drawn puddler to ensure proper fixing of the seedlings and reduced missing.
3. Seedlings have to be grown in a special mat type nursery.
4. These two pre-requisites of the machine have prevented its large scale popularization among North East farmers.
5. The field capacity of this transplanter was recorded as 0.015 to 0.08 ha/h with plant to plant spacing of 20 cm.