PrintSend to friend
The following are the important marketing channels existing in the marketing of paddy/rice.
The major marketing channels identified in the private sector are:
1) Producer Miller Wholesaler Retailer Consumer
2) Producer Commission Agent Miller Wholesaler Retailer Consumer
3) Producer Itinerant Merchant Miller Wholesaler Retailer Consumer
4) Producer Wholesaler (Paddy) Miller Wholesaler(Rice) Retailer Consumer
5) Producer Miller Retailer Consumer
6) Producer Miller Consumer.
1.It covers the public and co-operative sector agencies.
2. It plays a very significant role in the procurement and distribution of paddy/rice.
3. Food Corporation of India is the main agency for procurement, buffer stock operations and distribution of rice. The main institutional marketing channel for rice is as under;
Producer Procuring Agency (FCI/State Govt./Co-operatives) Miller (FCI/Co-operatives/Private) Distributing Agency (State Govt.) Fair price/Ration shop Consumer.