PrintSend to friend
1. This is also a minor disease and symptoms are brown coloured to dark coloured linear spots appear on the leaf blades. Spots may also OCCur in the leaf sheath, glume and parts of the stem.
2. Incidence of this disease is due to Cercospora oryzae. The pathogen produces conidia, which are hyaline or dark, filiform and several-celled.
3. Infected plant debris acts as primary source of infection and the disease spreads by means of air-borne conidia produced on the leaves.
• Destruction of infected plant debris by burning
• Spraying of 0.2% Dithane M-4S with the appearance of the disease