PrintSend to friend
The field plot can be 25 to 50 cents depending on the source of irrigation.
- Field to field irrigation should be avoided. Field should be irrigated individually from a channel.
- Small bund may be formed parallel to the main bund of the field at a distance of 30 to 45cm within the field to avoid leakages of water through main bund crevices.
- To minimize percolation loss, the depth of stagnated water should be 5cm or less.
- In water logged condition, form open drains, about 60cm in depth and 45cm width across the field.
- Care should be taken not to allow development of cracks.
In canal command area, conjunctive use of surface and ground water may be resorted to for judicious use of water.