PrintSend to friend
1. Upland Rice Ecosystems are found in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
2. In India, the total area under upland rainfed rice is about 6.0 million hectares, which accounts13.5% of the total area under rice crop in the country.
3. Upland rice areas lies in Eastern zone comprising of Assam, Bihar, Eastern M.P., Orissa, Eastern U.P., West Bengal and North-Eastern Hill region.
4. Upland rice fields are generally dry, unbunded, and directly seeded.
5. Land utilized in upland rice production is low, due to low lying, drought-prone, rolling, or steep sloping.