PrintSend to friend
1. Common name- Rice earhead bug.
2. Scientific name - Leptocorisa acuta.
3. Vernacular name - Kathier navaipooch.
Symptoms of damage of Rice earhead bug:
• Sucking the sap from individual grains, which are in milky stage. • Individual grains become chaffy.
• Black spots on the grains at the site of feeding puncture.
• Buggy odour in rice field during milky stage Identification of Rice earhead bug.
• Eggs: Dark, reddish brown and laid in rows of 10-15 on the leaves (or) panicles.
• Nymphs: Green to brown. • Adults: Slender with long legs and antennae.
• They are brownish green in colour, while disturbing it emittes stink odour.
Management of Rice earhead bug ( Kathier navaipoochi )
Dust any one of the following at 25 kg/ha twice, the first during flowering and second a week later.
• Quinalphos 1.5 D .
• Carbaryl 10 D.
• Malathion 5 D.
• KKM 10 D .
• KKM dust formulation consists of 10% of Acorus calamus rhizome powder and 90% of fly ash.
• This dust formulation repels the rice earhead bug. Spray any one of the following twice as above.
• Fenthion 100 EC @ 500 ml/ha or Malathion 50 EC @ 500 ml/ha.
• Neem seed kernel extract 5% @ 25 kg/ha or Notchi or Prosopis leaf extract 10% .