PrintSend to friend
Causal organism- Magnoporthe Salvinii
1. Disease infect rice after tillering.
2. The initial infection occurs on the stem in the leaf sheath and towards maturity penetrating in to the culm often causing lodging.
3. Below sheath small dark brown spots formed which have no shape. Because of this diseases panicle do not emerges
4. If the panicle emerges grains do not fill and cause yield loss.
1. Seed treatment before sowing.
2. Use fungiside like adinophos or Hexaconazol (0.1%) or Mancozeb (0.3%) .
3. Use resistant varities.