PrintSend to friend
1. Apply one third nitrogen and full phosphorous and potassium as basal through plough sole placement or by fertilized seed drill. Top dressed the rest of the 2/3rd nitrogen after weeding about 20-30 and 40-45 days after sowing depending on rainfall. Under inadequate rains, apply nitrogen through foliar spray using 2-3% urea solution.
2. If farmers can manage only 20kg of nitrogen/ ha, it should be topdressed at 25-30days after sowing depending on rainfall or applied by foliar spray of 2-3% urea solution when rain is unadequate. Remove weeds before applying fertilir.
2. SHALLOW LOW LAND
1. Place half of the available nitrogen and full phosphorous and potassium by plough sole or with the help of ferti-seed drill.
2. Top dress the rest of the nitrogen after 25-30 days after sowing at adequate moisture. If the soil moisture is insufficient, apply nitrogen through foliar spray using 2-3% urea solution.
3. If the farmers have the capacity to purchase just enough fertiliser to supply only 20 kg nitrigen/ha, apply it as topdressing after 25-30 days of sowing with adequate soil moisture after weeding but in vertisol farmers should also apply 10-15 kg/ha phosphatic fertilizer.
4. Top dressed the remaining nitrogen at panicle initiation. For top dressing, mix the fertiliser with farmyard manure in 1:10 ratio and incubate for 48 hours.
SEMI DEEP LAND
1. Apply half nitrogen and full phosphorous and potassium as basal through plough sole placement. Apply the remaining half nitrogen in two equal splits.
a. through topdressing after 40 – 45 days after sowing or 25-30days after transplanting after the water is drained off.
b. top dressed the remaining nitrogen at panicle initiation. For top dressing, mix the fertiliser with farmyard manure in 1:10 ratio and incubate for 48 hours.
If the farmers have the capacity to purchase just enough fertiliser to supply only 20 kg nitrogen/ha, it should be top dressed about a month after seedling/ transplanting when no standing water is in the field. Before application, urea treated with neem cake should be applied in the form of mud balls.
Deep water place only P and K at sowing time or during land preperation for transplanting and nitrogen fertilizer should be used after incubation with FYM or treat with neem cake or in form of mud balls only.
It should be applied after 20- 30 days after sowing. Apply urea after coating with neem cake/neem extract. Very deep water and floating apply 20-30 kg nitrogen/ha after coating with neem cake/ neem extract at sowing at 20-30 days after transplanting.