PrintSend to friend
1. Common name- Thrips.
2. Scientific name - Stenchaetothrips biformis.
3. Vernacular name - elaipane ( இலைப்பேன் ).
Symptoms of damage of Thrips:
• Laceration of the tender leaves and suck the plant sap.
• Yellow (or) silvery streaks on the leaves of young seedlings.
• Terminal rolling and drying of leaves from tip to base.
• It causes damage both in nursery and main field.
Identification of Thrips:
• Adults are dark brown in colour.
Management of Thrips:
• Spray any one of the following in nursery stage Phosphamidon 40 SL 50 ml Monocrotophos 36 SL 40 ml Endosulfan 35 EC 80 ml.
• Spray any one of the following in main field stage Phosphamidon 40 SL 300 ml Monocrotophos 36 SL 30 ml.