PrintSend to friend
1. For effective water management, field should be levelled.
2. A water level of up to 1–2 cm should be maintained from the time of transplanting till establishment of seedlings (10 DAT) and it should be increased and maintained up to 2–3 cm for the promotion of tillering.
3. After maximum tillering stage, water should be drained to maintain saturation in order to prevent unproductive tillers and also ensure the steady growth and development of plants.
4. During heading and flowering stages water level should be maintained up to 10 cm depth and water level up to 5 cm is maintained till completion of milking stage.
5. Eventually, the fields should be drained 10- 15 days before harvesting.