1. Food grain produce is kept reserve for off season food purpose and seed purpose. The major grain stored in this region is paddy, which is kept in different type of storage structures.
2. The different types of structures are depending on the climatic condition and availability of materials used for making the structures. The type of storage structure varies according to the purpose of storage like major storage pest infesting the grains are as follows- seed, food and sale of grains.
3. The farmer of Chhattisgarh consider grain moth as major pest of cereals and rats as the most serious pest for all kind of grains stored. The major food grain, which is stored in the storage structure by farmer is paddy whereas other grains like oilseed and pulses are kept in gunny bags.
4. The major storage structure prevailing in the region are kaccha kothi, pakka kothi, gunny bags metal bins and open floor. The type of structure is related with the type of grain and purpose of storage.farmer produces the food grain and keeps it in the storage structure for various purposes.
5. Majority of the farmers store the grains for food consumption as well as seed purposes, only few farmers stored the grain for getting high prices. Farmers of Chhattisgarh construct their houses by adopting a particular type of architechary.
6. Among the various component of house, storage structure is one of the most important parts. They construct their storage structure as per the availability of material, soil type, climate, land holding and purpose of storage.
7. Location of storage structure in the house is very important it varies from place to place. In some area it is situated near the kitchens, where the smoke passes regularly.
8. In most areas safety of the grain from pest and theft is always considered while deciding the storage structure. Sun drying of food grain is one of the most important practices recommended as precaution for safe