• Title : Watershed Development Council (WDC)
• Objective : Central Sector Scheme(HQ Scheme)
• Salient features : Watershed Development Council(WDC) is a technically staff oriented Central Plan Scheme and was created during 1983-84 to service World bank aided Projects as well as other Foreign aided and National Projects. It has been designated as one of the executing agencies to provide technical assistance to Integrated Watershed Development Project(Hills-II) and other world bank aided
• Title : Policy and Management in Agriculture “State of the Indian Farmer-A Millennium Study”
• Type : Central Sector
• Objectives : Besides policy and management, a study on State of Indian Farmers is being organised to inquire into the conditions of Indian Farmers at the commencement of the Third Millenium.
• Salient features : The Study is planned to be conducted in three phases, which would be implemented under overall guidance of a Technical Committee and supervision of
• Title : Macro Management of Agriculture ‘Supplementation/Complementation of States’ Efforts through Work Plan’
• Type : Centrally Sponsored Scheme
• Objective : Macro Management scheme will aim at all round development in agriculture through Work Plans prepared by States. These include
• reflection of local needs/crop/regions specific/ priorities etc.
• providing flexibility and autonomy to States;
• optimum utilization of scarce financial resource;
• Title : Training in Plant Protection
• Type National Plant Protection Training Institute, Rajendra Nagar,Hyderabad – 500 030 (AP), India.
• Objectives Human Resource Development in Plant Protection Technology by organising long and short duration training courses on different aspects of plant protection.
• Salient features i) The institute has been recognised by FAO of United Nation as a Regional Training Centre for Plant Protection and World Bank as an advanced Centre for trainin
• Title : Promotion of Integrated Pest Management
• Type : Central Sector Scheme
• Date of Start : 1991
• Objectives : IPM is a broad ecological pest control approach aiming at best mix of all known pest control measures to keep the pest population below economic threshold level (ETL). It is an economically justified and sustainable system of crop protection that leads to maximum productivity with the least possible adverse impact on the total environment. In crop production technolo