1. For machine transplanting the rice seedlings should be raised in trays or in mat nursery.
2. The machine can effectively plant 14-day-old rice seedlings with a field capacity of one acre per hour.
3. For machine transplanting the field should be completely levelled.
4. Drain out the field. The surface of the field hard enough to support the transplanting machine .
5. The soil is ready when a small “V” mark made in the puddled soil with a stick holds its shape. At this moisture level, the soil can hold the seedlings upright.
6. If conditions satisfy Load the seedling mats on the machine and transplant the seedlings at the selected machine setting.
7. It uses a rotary transplanting picker mechanism with a fixed row spacing of 30 cm and adjustable plant-to-plant spacing of 13 to 28 cm in steps. The seedlings are transplanted at a depth of 0.8 to four cm as desired, maintaining uniform depth of planting.