|Package of Practices
- A compendium of state specific and location specific recommended package of practices are provided under this head. You may be interested to see that, thanks to our IP based customisation, that only your state (the state from where you are accessing RKMP) specific information is available.
- You are on travel? Please select the state to which you belong. You have access to your state specific content as well.
- Look for the related information heads on right side box. Click on any of them to get the access to the appropriate information.
• 60 kg n, 30 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha during kharif season rabi - 80-90 kg n, 40 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha during dry season
• Kasturi, ranbir basmati and iet 8579(gitanjali, pusa basmati 1, pusa sugandh 2, pusa sugandh 4, ketakijoha)
• Ensure 33 -50 hills/m2. July planting in kharif (wet) and january /february in rabi(dry). Transplanting 27% superior to direct seeding.
1. Rice-groundnut(r 8808,icgs11,drg12,npg22),
2. Rice-mustard(pusa bold, m27, tlc2 and toria)
3. Rice - bhindi( hybrids)
4. Rice - cucumber ( hybrids)
5. Rice - watermelon ( sugar baby)
6. Rice - wheat
7. Rice - maize
8. Rice - sweet potato
9. Rice - potato - sesamum
Fertilizer management :
• Kharif - 60-75 kg n/ha in 50:50 (fym : urea) was comparable to three splits of prilled urea along with 40 kg each of p2o5 and k2o/ha
• Rabi - 90-100 kg n with 40 kg p2o5 and k2o/ha application of n in three splits ( 50%basal, 25% at active tillering and the rest 25% at panicle initiation)
Weed management :
• Pre-emergence application of butachlor (1kg ai./ha),thiobencarb(1 kg ai /ha) pretilachlor+ safner at 0.4 kg a.i./ha anilofos at 0.6 kg a.i./ha
• Kharif - Gayatri, Savitri,Dharitri
• Rabi - Annada, ratna, ir 36, udaya, cr 749-20-2, gautam.
Stand establishment ( planting):
• Kharif - july with 20 x 15 cm spacing
• Rabi - january with 15 x10 cm spacing
1. Rice +sesamum / mungbean
2. Rice + jute
3. Rice - lentil(at utera) with 50% higher seed rate than normal for lentil
4. Rice + fodder maize- linseed
5. Rice +fish (provided fish can be closed)
6. Sugarcane may also be profitably grown using cos 8118 variety in place of rice
Jaladhi-1, jaladhi -2, jalnidhi , jalmagna , jalpriya ,barh awarodhi , sudha, janaki , vaidehi(for bihar)
Stand establishment :
• Direct seeding during second fortnight of may in orissa but in march itself in other parts like bihar and assam, at 20 cm row spacing with a seed rate of 80 - 100 kg/ha (400-600 seedling/m2)
Fertilizer Management: 40 Kg N/Ha All Basal
1. Furrow placement of all the npk with fym (5 t/ha) at sowing proved the best
(40: 20:20 kg n: p2o5:k2o/ha).
2. Foliage pruning
3. To prevent lodging and fodder supply.
4. Once at 80-95 or 110-125 days after germination in variety cn 573-321-7-1
• Nalini,matangini, panidhan , lunishree
Stand establishment :
• Sowing during second fortnight of may using 400
seeds/m2 (80 kg/ha)
• Planting with clonal tillers/ aged seedlings
Weed control :
• Removal of wild rice ipomoea raptance (kalam) and gadgad, manually.
• Off-season tillage/summer ploughing,
• Application of butachlor @ 2 kg and thiobencarb @ 2 kg a.i./ha at first shower after seeding.
3) Rice-water melon
4) Rice -bhindi
5) Rice - cucumber
6) Rice - sesamum / mung bean
7) Rice – jute