|Package of Practices
- A compendium of state specific and location specific recommended package of practices are provided under this head. You may be interested to see that, thanks to our IP based customisation, that only your state (the state from where you are accessing RKMP) specific information is available.
- You are on travel? Please select the state to which you belong. You have access to your state specific content as well.
- Look for the related information heads on right side box. Click on any of them to get the access to the appropriate information.
• Institutional constraints: like lack of coordination among faculties, institutional barriers to research scientists.
• Informational constraints: Lack of IPM technology among farmers.
• Sociological constraints: Coordinating of most farmers to use insecticides, lack of coordination in society.
• Economic constraints: Farmers depend on shopkeepers or pesticide dealers for pesticides on credit and for information about the pest control methods.
• Political constraints: Subsidy by g
• Do nothing when pest densities are below ETL.
• Reduce pest population numbers- usually when pest densities reach ETL
• Reduce crop susceptibility to pest injury -most effective and environmentally desirable strategy HPR and environmental manipulation.
• Reduce both population numbers and crop susceptibility.
• To keep the pest numbers below ETL instead of their eradication.
• To protect and conserve the environment including bio-diversity.
• To make plant protection feasible, safe and economical even for the small farmers.
1. Parentage : IR 262/Remadja
2. Year of release : 1983
3. Duration (days) : 128-130
4. Yield (q/ha) : 55-60
5. Grain type : LS
6. Area of adaptation : Plains of U.P. and Uttarakhand
7. Reaction to major diseases and pests : Mod. Resistant to BLB
1. Parentage : UPRI 95-17A/UPRI 92
2. Year of release : 1997
3. Duration (days) : 115-120
4. Yield (q/ha) : 65-70
5. Grain type : LS
6. Area of adaptation : Transplanted conditions of U.P.& Uttarakhand Plains
7. Reaction to major diseases and pests : MR to BLB, Brown spot & Blast and free to false smut & kernel bunt under field conditions.