PrintSend to friend
1. Parentage - Abhaya x Phalguna
2. Maturity - 120-125 days.
3. Grain Type - Long slender grains
4. Biotic stress - R to GM 1, moderately resistance to BPH, Leaf folder, WBPH and Neck blast and tolerant to Leaf Blast, Brown spot and Sheath rot.
5. Recommended regions/ areas - Recommended for irrigated ecosystem and rainfed bunded having medium to heavy textured soils of Chhattisgarh plains.
6. Areas of Adoption - Whole rice growing areas of Chhattisgarh
7. Special attributes - This culture is highly acceptable to farmers because of its high yield potential, export quality grain (non basmati) with desirable quality i.e. intermediate GT, high amylase, soft gel consistency and high Head rice recovery and R to GM 1, moderately resistance to BPH, Leaf folder, WBPH and Neck blast and tolerant to Leaf Blast, Brown spot and Sheath rot.
8. Average yield - 45-50 q/ha
9. Developed by - A. K. Sarawgi, N. K. Motiramani, Deepak Sharma, R. L. Pandey, N. Pandey, V. S. Trimurty, S. B. Verulkar, D. J. Pophaly, V. K. Dubey, Ravindra Verma, Rita Bisne