PrintSend to friend
1. Parentage - RP 2154-40-1 X IR 9828-23
2. Maturity - 130-135 days
3. Grain Type - Long bold grains
4. Biotic stress - The variety 'Bamleshwari' has resistance to BLB and tolerant to Sheath blight and Brown spot. This variety has also posses field tolerance to gall midge and WBPH.
5. Recommended regions/ areas - The variety although recommended for irrigated situation, yet posses a good level of tolerance to drought.
6. Areas of Adoption - 1. Recommended by 33rd All India Rice workshop for state of Chhattisgarh,
Madhya Pradesh and eastern Utter Pradesh.
2. Recommended by Zonal Research and Extension Advisory Committee for
irrigated condition on all soils and ''Dorsa'' and 'Kanhar' soils under
rainfed situation of the state.
7. Special attributes - The variety 'Bamleshwari' has high yield potential and almost complete
resistant to BLB and high tolerance to Sheath blight, Brown spot and also acceptable to 'poha
8. Average yield - 45 to 55 q/ha
9. Developed by - R.K. Sahu, G.R. Sahu, A.K. Sarawgi, R.K. Mishra, V. S. Trimurty, N. Pandey, B. C.
Shukla, D. Sharma, N. K. Motiramani, L. K. Mishra,V.N.Sahu.