PrintSend to friend
1. Parentage- Mahamaya x NSN 5 (MTC-4, IET 11904)
2. Maturity - 130-135 days
3. Grain Type- Long slender grain
4. Biotic stress- 1. Resistance to Leaf Blast
2. Moderately resistant/tolerant to Sheath blight, Bacterial Blight, Sheath rot, Gall-
midge and Rice Tungro diseases.
5. Recommended regions/ areas - This variety has better tolerance to drought at Physiological level.
6. Areas of Adoption - Recommended for eastern regions of India , Chhattisgarh, Orrisa and Bihar
7. Special attributes - Irrigated areas of Chhattisgarh, Orrisa and Bihar.
Rainfed areas of medium to heavy soils of (Dorsa and Kanhar) Chhattisgarh.
8. Average yield - The Variety Durgeshwari (IET 19795) possesses long Slender grain, better head
Rice Recovery (55%), intermediate Amylose content (24.62%). Its cooks better as
its Gel consistency is medium (63 mm) and intermediate alkali spreading value
(4.0) with export quality. 50-55 q/ha
9. Developed by - Drs. A. K. Sarawgi, Ravindra Kumar Verma, Deepak Sharma, V. S. Trimurty, Sanjay Sharma, N. Pandey, S. B. Verulkar, N. K. Motiramani, D. J. Sharma, Santosh Sinha, G. R. Sahu, and Alice Tirkey.