PrintSend to friend
1. Rice and the global economy: Designing rice to meet social, economic and environmental challenges - Zeigler RS.
Genomic Resources: Status
2. The international - Oryza map alignment project: Development and analysis of a genus-wide comparative genomics platform to help solve the 9 billion people question - Wing RA, Chen M, Gao L, Han B, Henry R, Hsing Y, Kurata N, Oliveira, Olivier AC, Panaud O, Wang W, Brar D, Jackson S, Jena K, Long M, Machado C, Sanderson M and Ware D.
3. Transcriptome resources for function analysis and genetic enhancement of rice - Agarwal P, Parida S, Kothari KS, Sharma G, Baranwal V, Kapoor S and Tyagi A.
4. Allele mining and deployment for rice improvement through sequencing and SNP genotyping: status and potential - Thomson MJ.
Tailoring Rice by Design: Finding New Yield Thresholds
5. Finding new yield thresholds through changing concept of plant type in rice - Siddiq EA, Reddy CK, Zaman FU and Muralidharan K.
6. The nature of green revolution: A re- evaluation - Fan Z, Ali J, Xu JL, Gao YM and Li Z-K.
7. Breeding for yield potential and enhanced productivity across different rice ecologies through green super rice (GSR) breeding strategy - Ali J, Xu JL, Gao Y, Fontanilla M and Li ZK.
8. Breeding rice hybrids by design for future - Viraktamath BC, Neeraja CN, Sundaram RM, Sarla N and Hariprasad AS.
9. Increasing rice yield using wild species - Sarla N, Jyothi B and Siddiq EA
10. Harnessing advances in rice genetics and genomics for unraveling genes and QTLs governing yield and yield components for developing designer rice - Singh AK, Gopalakrishnan S and Ellur RK.
11. Designing high yield rice: Prospects and caveats - Vemireddy LR and Srividhya A.
Engineering Starch Biosynthesis
12. Redesigning starch metabolism to increase rice yields - Hwang S-K, Tuncel A and Okita TW.
13. Designer rice: improvement of source to sink in rice for higher yields - Madana MR, Ambavaram MM, Krishnan A, Batlang U, Venkategowda R, Srivastava S, Baisakh N and Pereira A.
14. Genetic modification of trehalose metabolism in cereal crops to improve grain yield - Garg AK, Kim JK, Owens TG, Kim H-J, and Kochian LV.
15. A physiological approach to design rice panicle architecture in the quest for high grain yield - Mohapatra PK.
16. Biosynthesis and modification of starch by genetic engineering with reference to rice - Raghavendra AS.
True Breeding Apomixis
17. Apomixis: current status and future prospects - Goel S and Siddiqi I.
18. SSH and microarray studies show strong association of heat shock proteins and other stress related transcripts with nucellar polyembryony in Citrus sinensis (L) Osb. - Kumar V, Malik SK, Pal D, Srinivasan R and Bhat SR.
Defending Against Stresses: Biotic Stresses
19. New insights into rice blast resistance provide novel strategies for developing durable resistance to Magnaporthe oryzae - Liu J and Wang G-L.
20. Engineering disease resistance in rice - Roy- Barman S and Chattoo BB.
21. Extensive variation in alleles of Pi54 makes this gene show broad-spectrum resistance to blast - Sharma TR.
22. Prospects of engineering virus resistance in rice: achievements and opportunities - Dasgupta I.
23. New genetic avenues for insect pest management in rice as revealed by studies on gall midge - Bentur JS, Rawat N, Sinha DK, Nagaraju J and Nair S.
24. Use of Vip3A-like insecticidal toxin gene from Bacillus thuringiensis to develop designer rice cultivars resistant to lepidopteran pests - Gayen S, Hossain MA, Biswas PK and Sen SK
Defending Against Stresses: Abiotic Stresses
26. Changing Honda and Toyota: innovative molecular paradigms for drought tolerance in rice - Kohli A.
27. Designing genetic engineering approaches for salinity induced oxidative stress tolerance in (Oryza Sativa L) - Gill SS, Singh S, Macovei A, Tuteja N.
28. Improving rice productivity under abiotic stress conditions - Parida A and George S.
29. Towards developing transgenic rice for salinity and drought tolerance: role of Rab7- Tripathy MK, Reddy MK, Deswal R and Sopory SK.
30. Molecular breeding for submergence tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L) - Neeraja CN, Septiningsih EM, Collard BCY, Reddy JN and Mackill DJ.
Economizing Input Use: Nutrient and Water Use Efficiency
31. Predisposition and redesigning of genetic networks of rice for accommodating nitrogen-fixing rhizobial symbiosis - Reddy PM, Altúzar-Molina AR, Ortiz-Berrocal M, Medina-Andrés R, López-Sámano M, Martínez- Aguilar L and Velázquez-Hernández MDL.
32. Biological and synthetic sources of nitrogen – can they be complimentary? - Ladha JK.
33. Enhancing water use efficiency and effective use of water as a potential strategy to develop rice cultivars suitable for semi- irrigated aerobic cultivation - Sheshshayee MS, Mohankumar MV, Raju BR, Pratibha MD, Rajanna MP, Mohanraju B and Udayakumar M.
34. Activation tagging for mining novel genes in indica rice - Moin M, Bakshi A, Bharadwaj JP, Kumar ES, Kumar SV, Rao GSK, Kumar GR, Rao TB, Ramesh B, Rambabu B, Neetasri C, Mahendranath G, Rao KV, Balachandran SM, Sundaram RM, Anuradha G, Kumar MU, Siddiq EA and Kirti PB.
Nutrient Rich Wholesome Rice
35. Development of rice and maize with multiple essential nutrients through simultaneous multi-pathway engineering - Zhu C, Farré G, Chao B, Rivera S, Arjo G, Sanahuja G, Zorrilla-Lopez U, Berman J, Capell T and Christou P.
37. Genetically engineered rice with iron and carotenoids - Datta K, Paul S, Ali N, Gayen D, Ghosh S, Karmakar A, Bhattacharya S, Sengupta S and Datta SK.
38. Engineering crop plants with seed storage protein for improved nutritional quality - Narula K, Chakraborty N, Datta A and Chakraborty S.
39. Perspectives towards designing rice grain quality - Rani NS, Sheshu MM, Prasad GSV, Suneetha K, Babu VR, Rao LVS, Sundaram RM, Sivaranjani AKP and Srikanth S.
40. Improvement of iron and zinc in rice varieties through conventional and molecular approaches - Babu VR, Neeraja CN, Longvah T, Surekha K, Usharani G and Viraktamath BC.
41. Engineering a C4 rice - Quick WP.
42. Research for better rice to cope with heat stress - Mittal D and Grover A.
43. Developing C4 rice: A physiological perspective in relation to climate change - Voleti SR, Subrahmanyam D and Rao PR
44. Integrating transcriptome profiling, re- sequencing, high throughput SNP genotyping, and chemically induced mutants for functional genomics of rice - T. Mohapatra