PrintSend to friend
RKMP User Policies
- Administrator for the portal operates out of lead center and is responsible for all the activities of the portal.
- Each zone will have a Moderator who is responsible to coordinate all the activities at his/her zone.
- Two types of User’s i.e. Registered User and Unregistered User/Guest User.
Steps for User Registration
- The user needs to submit his/her profile information as per the User guidelines/User Registration Forms provided to the user on clicking Register tab.
- Once the form is submitted, it is directed to the moderator of the concerned zone for approval and once approved User can access portal and its features with requisite privileges.
- Super admin has control of entire activities of the portal.
- Responsible for the monitoring at National and State levels.
- Has privilege to Approve/Reject/Delete Users and assign tasks/upload content/edit content/communicate to the partners and coordinate activities.
- Administrator has privileges for ALL required changes; necessary actions are predominantly facilitated by assigned personnel such as moderators.
- Administrator will be located at Directorate of Rice Research.
- Moderator is located at the State level or zonal level.
- There will be many moderators who will coordinate the activities at respective State level.
- Unlike Administrator, Moderator will have all the privileges like approve/delete Users, assign tasks, upload/edit content but limited to his/her State level only. These roles will be defined by administrator.
- Once the moderator approves the user, he/she can have access to the content of the portal.
- Moderator will define the role of the Users.
- User can view all the content of the portal. User privileges will be defined by moderator.
- User can view and upload content. Content editing can be done for data uploaded by him/her only. He/ She cannot edit the content provided by other users.
- Users cannot get the personal information of other users without permission.
- This profile has limited access to the content of the portal. Access to all features will be provided upon registering.
- User doesn’t have privilege to edit/upload/delete the content.
- Users cannot get the personal information of other users.
Users for e-learning platforms
- Each course will be assigned to a trainer.
- The trainer is responsible to upload/edit content, upload figures and graphs related to that course only.
- Trainer can access courses assigned to him/her only.
- Trainees will be registered to all the courses.
- They can only view the content/ download the content.
Content Upload Policy
- Content can be uploaded only by the registered users.
- Content in the portal is validated by experts and only accurate and reliable content will be placed in the portal.
- All the users cannot upload the content.
- In platforms such as e-learning only the moderators or the trainers can upload the content.
- Opinions and views expressed in articles, write-ups sourced from web sites and content partners on schemes, policies, etc, are not DRR’s official views or opinions.
- In India Rice Research Repository (i3R) application, content uploaded by Users is not validated; in such cases DRR (RKMP) can’t be held responsible for any discrepancy found there upon.
- Applications such as EAR (Expert Answers on Rice) provide interactive communication for the queries posted by the users. This is purely opinion of the users. DRR is not liable for any discrepancy found there upon.
- At each centre the moderator will collect the information and send it across to lead center, upon validation Content is finally uploaded to the portal.
- Please note that all contributions to RKMP RIKIPEDIA may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you do not want your writing to be edited, then do not submit it here. You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource.
- Content provided will be scrutinized/validated by experts prior to placing it in the portal.
- Content provider will be duly acknowledged in the portal. Details of the content provider such as photo, Qualification, designation etc. will be provided as per the defined norms.
- Personal details will not be displayed or misused by any third person. This is just to motivate the content providers but not for commercial purpose.
- Every chunk of content either text, video, photos, slides or articles part of RKMP will bear RKMP watermark to authenticate that the content belongs to RKMP.
Hyper linking Policy
- There is no objection to linking directly to the information that is hosted on our site but prior permission from the concerned authority is required for the same.
- Once you inform us of the changes carried out in the links/content you have shared with us, we will apprise you of the same once done at our end.
- We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site, WebPages must load into a newly opened browser.
- The idea of universal access to research, education, and culture is made possible by the Internet, but our legal and social systems don’t always allow that idea to be realized.
- Copyright was created long before the emergence of the Internet, and can make it hard to legally perform actions we take for granted on the network: copy, paste, edit source, and post to the Web.
- Default setting of copyright law requires all of these actions to have explicit permission, granted in advance, whether you’re an artist, teacher, scientist, librarian, policymaker, or just a regular user.
- Content in the portal is purely a product of RKMP (DRR with its consortium partners) and not copied from elsewhere.
- Content to some extent can be used (copied) as per the rules of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:
a. to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collections;
b. to create and Reproduce Adaptations provided that any such Adaptation, including any translation in any medium, takes reasonable steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify that changes were made to the original Work. For example, a translation could be marked "The original work was translated from English to Spanish," or a modification could indicate "The original work has been modified.";
c. to Distribute and Publicly Perform the Work including as incorporated in Collections; and,
d. to Distribute and Publicly Perform Adaptations.
- Unless otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties in writing, licensor offers the work as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the work, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non infringement, or the absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence of absence of errors, whether or not discoverable.
- This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by you of the terms of this License. Individuals or entities who have received Adaptations or Collections from You under this License, however, will not have their licenses terminated provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance with those licenses.
- Subject to the above terms and conditions, the license granted here is perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright in the Work). Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
- No content should be copied/ pasted without the permission of the competent authority. For obtaining the content please write to us. The validated content will be sent in the form of CD’s, DVD’s. Audio/Video resources will also be sent on prior request.
- We collect information about you when you visit our site, use our services, or view our online advertisements. The information which we collect and store during normal use of the site is used to monitor use of the site and to help further development of our products and services. In general you can visit DRR/RKMP’s website on the Internet without telling us who you are or providing data that personally identifies you. Such use does not result in any personally identifiable data being collected or stored.
- Protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is held securely is very important to DRR/RKMP. We want you to be confident that we are looking after your interests and that is why we have set out our information practices in this Privacy Statement.
- This Privacy Statement will apply when you use our website to discover more information about DRR/RKMP and its activities/programs. This Privacy Statement is applicable to data collected by DRR/RKMP and ICAR Institutions/other International Institutions.
- By submitting your Personal Data through this website, you shall be consenting to it being processed in the manner described above by DRR/RKMP consortium partners and our hosting organizations.
- We do not share your information with third parties, unless we need to share your information to provide service you have requested and we have asked for and obtained your explicit consent. The foregoing notwithstanding, if (1) disclosure was required by law, rule or regulation or was in response to a valid order of a court or authorized agency of government or other legal process and/or; (2) When we find your action on the web site violates the DRR/RKMP terms and condition or any of your usage guidelines for specific products or services.
- If you have submitted Personal Data through this website and wish us to cease using it for the purposes submitted, please contact us.
- We have taken adequate measures to secure access to your personal data. DRR/RKMP regularly reviews its compliance with this Privacy Statement. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or our treatment of Personal Data and information by completing our web contact form or by writing to us at the following addresses:
Rice Knowledge Management Portal, DRR (Directorate of Rice Research)
Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India 500030
Changes to this Policy
- DRR/RKMP may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
- You acknowledge that framing the Institute (DRR/RKMP)’s website, or any similar process is prohibited.
- This web site is the exclusive property of the Institute (DRR/RKMP). Any content that it contains, including, but not limited to, texts, data, graphics, pictures, sounds, videos, logos, icons or html code is protected under the intellectual property laws and remains the Institute (DRR/RKMP) or third party’s property.
- You may use this content for personal and non-commercial purposes in accordance with the principles governing intellectual property laws. Any other use or modification of the content of the Institute (DRR/RKMP)’s web site without the Institute (DRR/RKMP)’s prior written authorization is prohibited. Framing this site or using our proprietary marks as Meta tags by you are any person acting on your behalf, without our written consent is impermissible. Use of contact information provided on the site for unauthorized purposes, including marketing is prohibited. Any use intended to impede with the working of the site or to intercept any information from the site is prohibited.
Warranty and Liability
- All Content, including downloadable software, contained in the Institute (DRR/RKMP)’s web site is provided on ‘as is’ basis and without warranty of any kind to the extent allowed by the applicable law. While the Institute (DRR/RKMP) will use reasonable efforts to provide reliable information through its web site, the Institute (DRR/RKMP) does not warrant that this web site is free of inaccuracies, errors and/or omissions, viruses, worms, Trojan and the like, or that its content is appropriate for your particular use or up to date. The Institute (DRR/RKMP) reserves the right to change the information at any time without notice. The Institute (DRR/RKMP) does not warrant any results derived from the use of any software available on this site. You are solely responsible for any use of the Content contained in this site.
- The information contained in this site does not extend or modify the warranty that may apply to you as a result of a contractual relationship with the Institute (DRR/RKMP).
- The Institute (DRR/RKMP) will not be liable for any indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to, loss of data arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or reliance on any content contained in this site or any linked site.
Users’ Comments and Information Collected
- The Institute (DRR/RKMP) does not assume any obligation to monitor the information that you may post on its website.
- You warrant that any and all information projects, files or other attachments sent to us (‘Content’) or comments other than personal data, that you may transmit to the Institute (DRR/RKMP) through the website does not infringe intellectual property rights or any other applicable law. Such information, Content or comments, will be treated as non-confidential and non proprietary. By submitting any information or Content, you give the Institute (DRR/RKMP) an unlimited and irrevocable license to use, execute, show, modify and transmit such information, content or comments, including any underlying idea, concept or know-how. The Institute (DRR/RKMP) reserves the right to use such information in any way it chooses.
Applicable law - Severability
- After having read and understood the disclaimer and copyright notice, I hereby agree to accept and abide by all the terms and conditions as mentioned therein at my sole responsibility.